Causa works in partnership with organizations and individuals both in Oregon and nationally to further policies that promote equality and fair treatment for members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community.
LGBT equality is a critical component to Causa’s organizational values of dignity and respect for all. With this work, we can better serve all members of the Latin@ community, especially since LGBT Latin@s are disproportionately affected by issues such as immigration reform, driver’s license access, and health equity.
JOIN US EVERY WEEK!
Acompañanos Todas Las Semanas!
Latin@s LGBT y Aliad@s de Oregon Coalition
Social, Support and Advocacy Group
Grupo Social, de Apoyo y Abogacía
THURSDAYS (JUEVES) IN SALEM
700 MARION ST NE, SALEM
7:30pm-9pm Recording of the Radio Show
TUESDAYS (MARTES) IN PORTLAND
Youth Group at SMYRC
(12-21 years old)
2406 NE Sandy Blvd #100, Portland, OR 97232
All Ages Group at the Q Center.
4115 North Mississippi Ave, Portland
Love and Country
How immigration policy and marriage discrimination put one same-sex couple’s life together at risk. Watch the full 10-minute version at vimeo.com/64066341.
- This year, Causa joined Oregon United for Marriage, a broad coalition of individuals and organizations to win the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in Oregon.
- Sunday July 21st, 2013 we’ll be present at Portland Latino Gay Pride. For more info please visit: www.latinogaypridepdx.com
- At Immigrant Action Day 2013, Causa joined in celebration of the 1st ever same-sex couple to be married during the event
- In December 2011 we had our “Causa’s Coming Out ” Party in Portland, Oregon. It was a great success with more than 150 attendees.
- Causa was awarded the 2011 Equality Champion award
- In 2010, CAUSA was part of Uniting Communities, a project that supported organizations of color to have meaningful conversations about LGBTQ issues and to begin taking a stand on LGBTQ equality.